Re: [Fwd: Thinks... what need gnome to make linux more usable ?]

Le mer 14/08/2002 à 11:47, Damien Covey a écrit :

> bharat tewari wrote:
>
> >okay this is what we are doing currently for Sun as their part of the removable media manager port. This module is available under rmm-utils in public cvs. This is currently not ported to linux as it uses some underlying solaris specific media library but i am pretty much sure we can put some equivalent library in linux too and use this as hot pluggable stuff. currently its like if you put the audio cd's it starts the gnome-cd, if its a data floppy it will put the nautilus file manager etc.
> >regards
> >bharat

Strange.. I remind me of something... Wait..

Yes, this feature is already in Mandrake Linux since 8.2 :))

We are using hotplug + some scripts (called dynamic) + patched nautilus
(and konqueror) to show these dynamically created entries on the
desktop..

Patch is pending for inclusion in nautilus when developement will be
open for GNOME 2.2..

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft