Re: GDM without grpahics card

Ozcan Gungor wrote:

I read some documents about VNC.But it looks it isn't what I need.
My problem is that:gdm requires a grpahics card.How can I run gdm without a graphics card?
Sorry for wrong explanation.

I haven't actually tested this, but you could try editing the gdm.conf file, and commenting out the line for the :0 server in the [servers] section, then enable XDMCP in the [xdmcp] section. This should turn off starting of the local X server, but allow a remote X server to start a session on the machine.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.