Re: Gnome config files update method?
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas online no>
- Cc: Eric Sandeen <sandeen sgi com>, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Gnome config files update method?
- Date: 23 Apr 2002 08:41:32 -0400
Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas online no> writes:
> man, 2002-04-22 kl. 19:54 skrev Havoc Pennington:
> > Eric Sandeen <sandeen sgi com> writes:
> > > Can someone point me to where/how the gnome config files are updated, so
> > > I can take a look at how this might interact with XFS? Is there any
> > > chance that these files would be held open after the user has logged
> > > out?
> > >
> > Look at gnome-libs/libgnome/gnome-config.c
> > Here's a patch to it that makes it more sane, btw.
> Meaning it's a candidate for 1.4.1? What kind of problems does it solve?
It solves the case where two apps try to write the same config file at
the same time. It's reasonable for 1.4.1 (though if you ever want to
get 1.4.1 out you are going to have to stop taking patches at some
] [Thread Prev