Re: Is there any documentation at all about gnome-print

On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, Valek Filippov wrote:

> Hej!
>
> > Doesn't the Gnome version of AbiWord use gnome-print?
> >
> > I haven't looked at the code in question, but in general AbiWord maintains
> > pretty high quality code.
> >
> > Also being a full-featured WYSIWYG word processor, I imagine it makes pretty
> > full use of available printing facilities.
> 1. IMHO, the best examples are sodipodi and gnumeric.
>
> Abiword has 2 way for printing and gnome-print one is bugfull
> (overplaced chars in lines /many chars near the same place i mean/,
> overplaced pages and so on).
>
> 2. Some time ago Lauris had mailed some FAQ about gnome-print to
> gnome-print mail-list.

I fixed all this in Abiword > 0.9.0. Now we're just waiting for
gnome-print to handle true-type fonts. However for Type 1 Fonts AbiWord
shows gnome-print to it's full power. Do print-preview on >0.9.0 it's
beautiful and fast. We even worked out how print dingbat and symbol fonts.
(You gotta translate the 8 bit encoding to the equivalent unicode for the
glyphs.)

Cheers

Martin Sevior