Re: Graphical 'su' utility for GNOME
- From: Chema Celorio <chema ximian com>
- To: Hongli Lai <hongli telekabel nl>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Graphical 'su' utility for GNOME
- Date: 28 Oct 2001 10:07:39 -0700
On Sun, 2001-10-28 at 04:38, Hongli Lai wrote:
> On 2001.10.28 11:29:48 +0100 Chema Celorio wrote:
> > We have code in ximian-setup-tools/src/common/xst-su.c which is used as
> > a graphical su for the tools. It works and has already been tested,
> > hadess was talking about moving it into gnome-libs.
> > regards.
> > Chema
> Will programs like the panel be integrated with xst-su?
> It would be nice if I can run programs as root just by
> right-clicking on a menu item, or by using the Run dialog,
> and enter a password.
xst-su can be called by any program. It is up to the app to use it or
not. We will probably rename it to de-XTS-ify it.
> gnome-devel-list mailing list
> gnome-devel-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev