RE: How to Complie

Hello,

On Fri, 2001-10-19 at 21:53, Diwakar wrote:
> Nice that you mailed me, but I tried that also. It is just not able to find
> the headerfiles. which I am able to localate in the INCLUDE and PATH env
> variables of the system.

Well, the PATH environment variables shouldn't matter, and I've never
heard of the INCLUDE environment variable before (... well, I don't
have it on my system anyways).

Try this...

     At the command line type:

          gtkmm-config --cflags

     On my system I get the following:

          -I/usr/lib/gtkmm/include -I/usr/include
          -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2
          -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
          -I/usr/lib/sigc++/include

     You should get something similar.

     For you, just ignore the "-I" at the beginning of each of what
     you get to see what directories are looked at when 'including'.
     Using what I have above, my directories looked at are:

          /usr/lib/gtkmm/include
          /usr/include
          /usr/include/gtk-1.2
          /usr/include/glib-1.2
          /usr/lib/glib/include
          /usr/X11R6/include
          /usr/lib/sigc++/include

See if the gtk-- header file is actually in the directories that you
get.  (For me, I found <gtk--/main.h> under the second include
directory from my list.)  If it is not in one of you directories
that you get listed, then you might need to reinstall
some stuff.

Actually... are you sure it is the <gtk--/main.h> header file that it
can't find???  Take a look at the error message again.

See ya

     Charles Iliya Krempeaux
     tnt @ linux.ca
     ckrempea @ alumni.sfu.ca