Re: Connecting to Database

On 5 Oct 2001, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> On Fri, 2001-10-05 at 17:28, Diwakar wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any way we can connect to any of the databases through GTK?
> >
> yes, using gnome-db :-)

While gnome-db is nice, nobody is forcing you to use it. If you write a
Gtk+ applicationi in language X you can use whatever database connectivity
APIs you have available in that language. For instance, if you write a
Gtk+ Perl application you may wish to use Perl-DBI. Or use unixODBC on C,
or the database's properietary API.

Gtk+ does not interfere in any way with vendor or third-party database

	Shlomi Fish