Re: Reminder of dates

On Thu, 2001-11-15 at 23:15, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Taking a panel example, it would be nice to make the panel prefs work
> as I outlined in that long document recently, but I do think it's a
> huge job, and I'd hate to see it go in half-finished and broken thus
> forcing a release delay to get it fixed. gnome_config_ won't kill us,
> a substantially late GNOME 2.0 _will_ kill us.

As one of the people currently hacking on the panel, but unfortunately
not being able to dedicate 100% of my time on it, I would personally
love to see this happen for 2.0. I've already ripped out quite a few
preferences from the panel already. It's currently a hacked up job and
not even half implemented [no going back now]...since there's lots of
other broken stuff atm - menus being the major one....
I would actually be more comfortable seeing 2.0 being a platform release
only if at all possible...with a series of releases after that as people
start using the frozen libraries....

				See ya,
					Glynn :)