Re: [Re: Strange problem running a Gnome App]

1. You should have posted this to gtkmm-main lists sourceforge net  Most
people on gnome-devel have very little interest in C++ or gnome--. Don't
bother cc-ing them on your reply either.

2. I have asked you before to provide a simple compileable example to
demonstrate this so that I can reproduce it.

3. I already told you that gnome-- is unstable so you should not expect any
binary compatibility between releases. In addition to this Redhat and Mandrake
are binary incompatibile. You can not expect to get any meaningful results
from this type of undefined behaviour. It is almost certainly a red herring.
If you just follow my advice then we will fix/resolve this issue. My advice
was:
 - Rebuild your libraries and app to check that it's not an rpm problem.
 - If this doesn't fix it, then provide a simple compileable example of the
problem.

Murray

Loban Amaan Rahman <loban enigma caltech edu> wrote:

> Ok, I've just isolated the cause of the problemo. Check out the
> following code snippet:
>
> void
> Gchch::GUI::Root::initLogo()
> {
> 	const static int LOGO_SIZE_X = 75;
> 	const static int LOGO_SIZE_Y = 75;
> 	const static int LOGO_SPEED = 100;
>
> 	Animator& logoDefault = *manage(new Animator(LOGO_SIZE_X, LOGO_SIZE_Y));
> 	Animator& logoWin = *manage(new Animator(LOGO_SIZE_X, LOGO_SIZE_Y));
>
> 	logoDefault.append_frames(GCHCH_PIXMAP_PATH "logo-1.png", 0, 0, 1,
LOGO_SIZE_X);
> 	logoDefault.set_loop_type(GNOME_ANIMATOR_LOOP_RESTART);
> 	logoDefault.set_playback_speed(1.0 / LOGO_SPEED);
> 	logoDefault.set_playback_direction(1);
> 	logoDefault.start();
>
> 	logoWin.append_frames(GCHCH_PIXMAP_PATH "logo-2.png", 0, 0, 1,
LOGO_SIZE_X);
> 	logoWin.set_loop_type(GNOME_ANIMATOR_LOOP_RESTART);
> 	logoWin.set_playback_speed(1.0 / LOGO_SPEED);
> 	logoWin.set_playback_direction(1);
> 	logoWin.start();
>
> 	EventBox& logoBox1 = getWidget<EventBox>("logo_event1");
> 	EventBox& logoBox2 = getWidget<EventBox>("logo_event2");
>
> 	//FIXME logoBox1.add(logoDefault);
> 	logoBox1.button_press_event.connect(retbind(bind(slot(this,
&Root::animateLogo), &logoDefault), 1));
> 	logoDefault.show();
>
> 	//FIXME logoBox2.add(logoWin);
> 	logoBox2.button_press_event.connect(retbind(bind(slot(this,
&Root::animateLogo), &logoWin), 1));