Re: First Posting

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 03:40:20PM -0000, Vrajesh wrote:

> Hi Every one,
>
> This is the first posting to this list & I hope to post & reply many more.
>
> I am a Computer Engg student from India & willing to contribute somehow.
>
> I wish to be attached to some application devel or work on some platform stuff.
>
> Please suggest me how should I go about doing this.

Vrajesh -

Welcome.

There are a couple of things I'd suggest as good starting points to
get acquainted with who's doing what and what needs doing.

There is a mailing list called gnome-love worth subscribing to:

There is a database of "todo list" projects:
http://www.gnome.org/todo/index.php3
There's a contact name listed with each project so you can get more
information about it.

Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.gnome.org) also is a good place to find
things that need doing - find an app you're interested in, look up its
bugs and see if there are any you'd like to try to fix. Again, if
you want to do that, it's good to track down the app's maintainer and
make sure someone else isn't already working on it.

Again, welcome.
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h)