Re: Strange problem running a Gnome App

Well the thing that really get's my pickle is that I'm compiling my app
in Mandrake 8.0 (with all default latest rpms). But it _crashes_ on that
very same machine.

When I copy the binary to another box (Redhat 7.1), it does _not_ crash.

I'd understand if it was the other way round (works fine on the box i compiled
but not on the other), but this doesn't make sense.

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 11:16:48PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On 24 May 2001 15:03:58 -0700, Loban Amaan Rahman wrote:
> >
> > I'm developing a small application using Gnome-- and Gtk--. I've written
> > and compiled it successfully on my Mandrake 8.0 system, which has the
> > latest versions of Gtk, Gnome, and their respective C++ wrapper
> > libraries. For some strange reason, it crashes when I run it on my
> > system, but if I copy and run the exact program on my Redhat 7.1 box, it
> > works just fine. Here is a gdb backtrace on my problematic system:
> <snip>
>
> Out of the blue... Are you running the same binary ? If yes, that might
> be the problem. Redhat 7.x distributions have a Gcc compiler that
> creates code that's not binary compatible with the other widely used
> versions of GCC.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> --
> /Bastien Nocera
> http://hadess.net

|   Loban Amaan Rahman  <-- anagram of -->  Aha! An Abnormal Man!   |
|  loban earthling net, loban ugcs caltech edu,  http://i.am/loban  |