Re: [[gtkmm] Re: Strange problem running a Gnome App]

Loban Amaan Rahman <loban earthling net> wrote:
> Ok, I've just isolated the cause of the problemo. Check out the
> following code snippet:

> On my box where it crashes unless those lines are disable:
> 	gtk+-1.2.10 (mdk)
> 	gnome-libs-1.2.13 (mdk)
> 	gtkmm-1.2.5 (mdk)
> 	gnomemm-1.1.17 (mdk)
> On my box where it runs fine even with those lines enabled:
> 	gtk+-1.2.10 (ximian)
> 	gnome-libs-1.2.13 (ximian)
> 	gtkmm-1.2.5 (ximian)
> 	gnomemm-1.1.15 (ximian)
>
> Maybe Gnome::Animator broke somehow between 1.1.15 and 1.1.17?
> Any ideas?

Gnome::Animator hasn't changed, but Gnomemm is unstable, so you shouldn't
expect to be able to run programs with different versions of the library.
Please rebuild and install gnomemm-1.1.19 on both machines from source. Then
rebuild your application on both machines and tell us if there is still a
problem.

You may need to rebuild and install libsigc++ 1.03 and Gtkmm 1.2.5 before
rebuilding and installing Gnome-- 1.1.19.

Luckily, I don't think that gnomemm will be unstable for much longer.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com