Re: Speaker verification in gdm
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Jean-Marc Valin <valj01 gel usherb ca>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Speaker verification in gdm
- Date: 20 May 2001 11:08:39 -0400
Jean-Marc Valin <valj01 gel usherb ca> writes:
> I have just written a prototype for a speaker verification system. I would like
> to know whether it would be feasable to plug it in gdm so that you could use it
> instead of login/passwd. Any idea?
You might want to look at seeing if you can package it as a PAM
module. (PAM == pluggable authentication modules.) If you can
do that, then GDM will work with your scheme anywhere that
PAM is used - most linux distributions, at least.
And as a side benefit, you'll be able to use it for console
logins, etc, as well.
If you need more complicated screen displays than a simple
text dialog, however, then you might have to hack GDM itself.
] [Thread Prev