Re: patch for select in zvt

exactly why we should provide a system-wide option to change selection style.
But the default should be "smart" because it saves time to most of the people
most of the time.  If you have enough precision to get it right the first time,
then you're gifted!

Quoting Ben Ford <ben kalifornia com>:

> Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) Gerente de desarrollo Alpha wrote:
>
> >they are not saving length in selections.  they are saving precision
> movements,
> >
> >which are expensive ergonomically speaking.
> >
> >which makes sense for word-by word selection when pulling to the right
> and
> >char-
> >by-char selections when pulling to the left (when you're doing
> precision
> >movements because you may as well have botched the selection with your
> first
> >rightway drag and are correcting it)
> >

> Maybe that works for you, but dealing with the "smart apps" that think
>
> they know better than me what I want to do is expensive for me.  I tend
>
> not to use them.
>
> -b
>
> --
> I'd rather listen to Newton than to Mundie [MS flunkie who made a speech
> on
> the evil-ness of open source]. He may have been dead for almost three
> hundred years, but despite that he stinks up the room less.
>
> Linus

   Universidad Federico Santa Maria - Campus Guayaquil
	 Enviado por:  www.usm.edu.ec/computacion