Adding custom docked items

Hello,

    I'm writing an application that creates a widget (just a hbox),
fills it and then adds it as a dockable item using
gnome_app_add_docked(). I have two questions:

    - How do I make my docked widged behave like the menu or toolbar
created with the app-helper functions, ie, the dock band occupies the
whole width of the window? The widged I added only occupies its mininum
width necessary, the rest is blank. (The shadowed part ends before the
end of the width). If you don't understand what I mean, I can post a
little screenshot that will make things clear.

    - How do I set-up the application so that the positions of all the
docked items (menu, toolbar and the custom widget) are restored upon
start-up? I've verified and the options are saved when the program is
exited, but they are ignored when it is run again.

Thanks,

--
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
                -- H. L. Mencken

Eduardo M Kalinowski    (ekalin iname com)
http://move.to/hpkb