gnome-vfs feature missing ? (was Bug in the latest gnome-core 1.4.0.3)

Hi,

On 07 May 2001 10:35:10 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Christian Marillat <marillat christian wanadoo fr> writes:
> >
> > I found a bug related to read/write access to the /tmp/languages file.
> >
> > The panel creates /tmp/languages when it starts up, and leaves it there. If
> > it can't open it (because it exists, because another user dared to start
> > panel before on the same machine), it dies.  This renders the whole of gnome
> > unusable on a multiuser box.
> >
> > This is a grave bug (or even critical, as everyone else that uses the box
> > has *no* idea how to use it without gnome, so the whole system is useless).
> >
> > What is the solution ?
> >

> Get George to read "man mkstemp"?
>
> /me runs

Talking about this, I'd like to mention that gnome-vfs doesn't have an
equivalent of mkstemp, forcing me to use mktemp in uf-view.
I'd like to know if I'm missing something, or if I should file a bug
against gnome-vfs.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera