Re: strcasecmp/tolower/toupper breakage
- From: George <jirka 5z com>
- To: Christopher James Lahey <clahey ximian com>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: strcasecmp/tolower/toupper breakage
- Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 16:26:56 -0700
On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 04:35:47AM -0400, Christopher James Lahey wrote:
> What is the use of these functions? If we're doing comparisons of
> strings in a case-insensitive way, shouldn't we always use a utf8
> strcoll? What use is it other than that?
No, I have many places where I;m comparing program specific non-user visible
ascii strings. In fact this is the largest class of my uses of strcasecmp
that I've found. I want to be locale independent here.
George <jirka 5z com>
- I'm getting better!
- No, you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment.
-- Monty Python
] [Thread Prev