Re: Anjuta

Yotam Medini wrote:

> > I cannot do local installation for Anjuta?
> >
> > A: Take my advice. Do system installation (you must be root to do
> > that) and not local installation. Anjuta depends on Gnome for
> > supplying pixmaps and Anjuta help works with gnome-help-browser, non
> > of which will be happy if you do local installation.
>
> But on the machine I work at work - I do _not_ have root acceess.
> Many Gnu-packeges can build themselevs given any prefix, for

            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> target installation, but still refer to more basic packages
> installed elsewhere. May be you would like to consider such appoach.

Have you tried with any gnome packages? Gnome packages
install the pixmaps in the dir $(datadir)/pixmaps/<package_name>
and the help files in the dir $(datadir)/gnome/help/<package_name>.

where, $(datadir) is the output of: gnome-cofig --datadir.

So, if the gnome is system installed, then naturally, all the packages
are required to put there stuffs wrt this $(datadir) which require them
to be system installed. Otherwise, when the program is run, gnome
wouldn't be able to find the pixmaps and the help for this application.

I am not very clear how a gnome application can do local installation
and put there stuffs in custom $(datadir) and still gnome could find
these stuffs. Can anybody, help with this?

--

Regards,
-Naba

I feel better about world problems now!