Re: gtk+-1.2.10 should be in gnome-1.4 (was: Re: Final package deadline for GNOME 1.4)
- From: "Timur I. Bakeyev" <gnome listserv bat ru>
- To: Vlad Harchev <hvv hippo ru>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, gnome-hackers gnome org, gnome-1 4-list gnome org, gnome-devel-list gnome org, gnome-1 4-release-team gnome org, gnome-i18n gnome org
- Subject: Re: gtk+-1.2.10 should be in gnome-1.4 (was: Re: Final package deadline for GNOME 1.4)
- Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:12:52 +0200
Owen, I really hope, that this(release of gtk 1.2.10) will happen before
Gnome 1.4 release date...
I don't think that stepping back to 1.2.8 for Gnome is an option, but releasing
Gnome with i18n broken 1.2.9 is much worse...
So, please, please - make a release :)
On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 03:57:53PM +0500, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> On 27 Mar 2001, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> I think gtk+-1.2.10 should be officially released before 1.4 deadline. As I
> understand, gtk maintainers decided to release it (they even bumped minor
> version number to 10 in configure.in) but gave up releasing it for some
> reason. See http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gtk%2b/ChangeLog for more info..
> I18n in gtk+-1.2.9 is totally broken - it doesn't allow cutting and pasting
> any text that contains international characters (true at least for russian,
> may be true for iso-8859-1 - didn't check it), and also another couple of i18n
> problems. The fixes for these problems are in the CVS for a long time (about 2
> See the following threads:
> I think gnome-1.4 should contain gtk with all fixes - i.e. gtk+-1.2.10
> should be released first, and then included in gnome-1.4.
> > Hi everyone,
> > This is a reminder that the final due date for tarballs for GNOME 1.4
> > is this Wednesday, Mar 28, at 12:00 Pacific Time.
] [Thread Prev