Re: report on [bad] status of i18n of gnome apps - somebody should explicitly care about it

You are saying too softly.

If the software is not open and free, it is same as nothing for us, right?
If the software is not good for i18n, it is same as garbages for us, CJK users.

Garbage seems to be better than nothing, but I'm wasting too much time to recyle
the garbages. No creativeness, no interesting.

Many new garbages are announced on the top of http://www.gnome.org/ .

I18N or DIE!

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:57:42 +0400 (SAMT)
Vlad Harchev <hvv hippo ru> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  Executive summary: most gnome apps don't support i18n adequately and are
> mostly unusable or even non-functional for non-latin1 (and sometimes for
> non-ASCII) users. This can be fixed by a dedicated gnome-i18n hacker though. I
> can (and would like to) take this position if some ogranization/company hired
> me.

---
Yukihiro Nakai, Red Hat Japan, Development.