Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

> I think we are all getting somewhat off the subject.  The post that I originally
> replied to proposed making perl, python and lisp *REQUIREMENTS* for gnome.  To me
> (and at least one other), that is not an option and if you do so, you will lose
> me as a user / developer / distributor / advocate.

As far as I could tell, he was advocating writing for gnome apps in these
languages.  Already we have apps written in C, C++ and a small number in
objc.  If you don't happen to have objc on your computer, then the
programs written in objc don't get built.  Same for C++.  It would be the
same for other languages.

I have already reposted this once, but people seem  to have missed it again.  This is the section of text I was referring to.  Apologies for the HTML mail, but I want to make it stand out.

> > > And it will also result in at least one fewer Gnome user.  Me.

I don't think the idea was to add artificial dependencies (that would be
stupid).

Then we agree.  Done deal =)

-b