Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

James Henstridge wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, David T. Bath wrote:
>
> > I can understand trepidation where the scriptability of the
> > tool can decrease security, especially where scripts might
> > be URL-sourced.
>
> What was proposed was the use of languages like guile, perl and python
> (also known as scripting languages) for some gnome utilities -- not
> writing code to ease distribution of macro viruses :)
>
> These would be programs installed on your computer just like any other
> GNOME program.  We aren't talking about executing arbitrary code from the
> net.

Yes, and that's how Visual Basic started as well . . . . .

MS BASIC --> QBASIC --> Visual Basic -- >VBS --> "I Love You"

And the viruses spread because it is very difficult to actually disable VB
scripting.  (kinda like requiring perl . . .  )