Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed
- From: Jens Finke <jens eknif de>
- To: <kh_naba 123india com>
- Cc: Ben Ford <ben kalifornia com>, <gnome-devel-list gnome org>, <gnome-hackers gnome org>, <hvv hippo ru>, <atai atai org>
- Subject: Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed
- Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:07:04 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Naba Kumar wrote:
> Ben Ford wrote:
> > > > This will result in
> > > > availability of a ton of
> > > > feature-rich, polished and intelligent and helpful
> > > > utilities available with
> > > > gnome.
> > And it will also result in at least one fewer Gnome user. Me.
> And me. :-).
This is _very_ contra productive. You don't give any reasons why you are
against this. If there are programers who know python or perl very well,
there is no reason why they shouldn't write Gnome programs in these
languages. If _you_ don't want to use any of these scripting languages in
your programs just don't do it! And no one will force you to use utilities
written with those programing languages.
] [Thread Prev