Re: patch for gnome-libs/libgnome (include of gnome-defs.h in files using BEGIN_GNOME_DECLS)

On 28 Feb 2001 23:22:45 -0600, Chema Celorio wrote:

> Havoc Pennington wrote:

> > > I usually include the individual headers, and I do include
> > > gnome-defs.h manually before they are used.
> > >
> > > I dont think this patch will cause any major problems.
> >
> > I'm simply explaining why James said including them individually isn't
> > supported; because it's been broken for 2 years.
>
> Do we _NEED_ to include this patch at this point ?
>
> I don't think we should. I can see scenarios that this can cause
> problems. If as a developer I code on the gnome-libs with the
> patch that includes the other headers for me, my app might not
> compile in a previous version of g-libs that didn't included
> headers for me.
>
> Yes it is broken but I don't think this is the time to fix it.
>
> Chema

I would say including this in the GNOME 2.0 release is a pretty good
time to fix it. Since as I understand (correct
me if I'm wrong) it (together with Gtk+ 2.0) woun't be source-compatible
with Gnome 1.4 + Gtk+ 1.2.X.
If this is so, shouldn't all kind of similar bugs be fixed in the GNOME
2.0 release?

Regards,
Mikael Hallendal

--

Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/