Re: themes bugs

I am currently writing a gtkrc theme file editer of sorts "gthemer".

I am working with the gtkrc file structure that currently is in use but
GTK+1.2..

Are there are major/minor changes to this file structure that I should
be aware
of when I get around to porting to GTK 2.0. ?

Is the handling of gtkrc files, parseing etc changed much in GTK 2.0 ?

Matt

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Marius Andreiana <mandreiana rdsnet ro> writes:
> > There are some problems with the themes
> > (see bugs 2953 and 2854)
> >
> > Could somebody that knows how themes work look at these?
>
> These are both bugs in specific themes, which isn't something we can
> fix (the themes are maintained by individuals usually on
> gtk.themes.org, they don't actually come with GNOME). So I think we
> should close these bugs.
>
> One thing that will help quite a bit is that GTK 2 lets you do a lot
> more with an rc-file-only theme (no theme engine, so no new C code);
> rc-file-only themes are a lot safer than engine themes.
>
> Havoc

        __.--'\     \.__./     /'--.__
    _.-'       '.__.'    '.__.'       '-._
  .'                                      '.
 /         Matt Keenan (MattMan)            \
|      CDE, Sun Microsystems Ireland         |
|              GO JAGUARS !!                 |
|   E-Mail : Matt Keenan ireland Sun Com     |
|            mattman iol ie                  |
|   URL    : http://www.iol.ie/~mattman      |
|   Phone  : +353 1 8199251, Sun Ext : 19251 |
                      ''