Gnome's IPC and components

	Hi,

I am writing a litle article about IPC and components technology. I am quite
familiar with Kde's technology but know almost nothing about Gnome's one.
Could someone please answer my questions and point me to appropriate docs.

What does Gnome use to make Remote Procedure Call and Inter Process
Communication ? How integrated in Gnome is it right now ? How many
applications take advantage of it ?

Same question for scriptability. Is there something like dcop, that allows
scriptability from shell and exposes all the application api to the caller ?
How widely is it used in Gnome right now ?

Same question for components ? I know the component technology of Gnome is
Bonobo, on top of Corba. How widely is it deployed in Gnome ? How many
components are available right now ? How many applications use components ?

	best regards,

	Philippe.

ps: I am not subscribed to this list, so please include me in any reply.