Re: Heated agreement? (was) Re: Canvas shortcomings

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> Apple doesn't use Postscript in MacOS X, but PDF. That's why the PDF
> viewer is only 200k documentation and data included.

Here is what Apple says about Quartz:

http://developer.apple.com/quartz/

There it says they use the PDF imaging model. This equivelent to saying
they use the Poscript 3 imaging model, since PDF and postscript use the
same imaging model.

Whether they use a Postscript or a PDF interpreter for the display, I'm
not sure, they haven't released much documentation on Quartz. We could
probably make a good guess based on what we know of Postscript and PDF.