How to send signals after grabbing canvas item?

Hello everyone,

I'm at a loss to find a way to send signals to other canvas items while
I have another already grabbed.  Here's a simple example:

I've got three "dots" on the canvas and I want to connect lines in
between.  So I click on one "dot" which starts a line draw, then
I gnome_canvas_item_set() new points for that line as I draw ....

But I am no other objects get signals (eg., ENTER_NOTIFY) while I have
the line grabbed ... which I must do in order to continue drawing the

There's got to be a way around this besides checking all canvas items

Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music