Re: (no subject)
- From: Frank Felfe <innerspace iname com>
- To: Loban Rahman <loban earthling net>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org, SettinganeventmaskonaGnomeCanvasItem enigma caltech edu
- Subject: Re: (no subject)
- Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:43:58 +0100
Loban Rahman wrote:
> Is it possible to set an event mask on a GnomeCanvasItem? If so, how?
> For any GtkWidget, I'd use the gtk_widget_set_events() function on it.
> But GnomeCanvasItem derives directly from GtkObject. I tried using the
> gtk_widget_set_events() function on the GnomeCanvas itself, but that
> didn't work. For now I'm just manually filtering events myself by
> checking the type field, but it's kludgy.
The gnome-canvas docs have 2 functions that should do what you want:
int gnome_canvas_item_grab (GnomeCanvasItem *item,
unsigned int event_mask,
void gnome_canvas_item_ungrab (GnomeCanvasItem *item,
AFAIK GtkWidgets and CanvasItems don't share any properties, so
GtkWidget-functions don't work on CanvasItems. CanvasItems implement
their own functions.
] [Thread Prev