esddsp

Hi,

I am writing a program that uses some libraries that outputs the sound
directly to /dev/dsp.
The trick to prevent that is to call esddsp myprog or more simply, to
make
export LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib/libesddsp.so.0:/usr/lib/libesd.so.0"
before launching myprog.

Is there another way to do ?
Will it work with my program if I link it with /usr/lib/libesddsp.so.0
and /usr/lib/libesd.so.0  ?
Can I make without esddsp and without the LD_PRELOAD and don't touch the
libs Im using ?

Thanks a lot !

--
  _
 (o-      SANDRAS Damien

Open Source and Free Software Developers Meeting
       3rd and 4th february 2001, Brussels