Re: setuid bit neccesary for GNOME?
- From: "Andreas L. Gustafsson" <ante Update UU SE>
- To: "Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain ireland sun com>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: setuid bit neccesary for GNOME?
- Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:13:09 +0100 (MET)
On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> The only binary I could find with setuid bit set was xscreensaver. The only
> effect of removing the setuid bit on xscreensaver is that root will not be able
> to unlock your desktop if you lock it.
> > Are there any parts of GNOME that require the setuid bit to be set?
> > If I want to run GNOME at work as my desktop, I need to be able to
> > convince the people managing security that no setuid bits is needed. Can
> > anyone tell me I don't need it anywhere?
That wouldn't be much of a problem. Anybody know of something else?
================== I'm powered by Emacs! ======================
** the choice of a GNU generation **
SF-fan and tea drinker. Beware! e-mail: ante update uu se
=========== Make a choice, protect your Freedom! ==============
] [Thread Prev