menu-panel???

The menu panel seams to be redundant. It would seem preferable to have a
menu applets. There already is a clock applet. I already have written a
mac OS finder like applet. The only thing that would be needed is menu
applets.  It seams like we are giving up flexibility for no good reason.
	The one nice thing about the menu panel is that it is "prebuilt".
(i.e. it is a completly functional panel that doesn't need to be
customized with launchers and applets like the other ones do.) Instead of
having only a menu panel, why get rid of the menu panel and have a
selection of prebuilt panels where the menu panel can be just one of them.
This seams alot more friendly to the user and still would have all the
current functionality.

Mike