events and canvas items

Hi, I'm writing an app using the gnome canvas with alot of nested groups and a lot of items, with attached events. The problem is that the items stops receiving events when theirs group and the items have been gnome_canvas_item_moved. But as long they are visually connected they can receive events (more or less!), and sometimes they might receive an event if moving the mouse in the upper corner of the item.
It's odd.

Is it my code that causes this or is it a know fact that the canvas lies behind this?

how would this be corrected?

-Jimmy