Re: GAL, glade and libglade

At 11 February 2001, Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com> wrote:

>There are a few alternatives for the problem you have:
.snip..

>	* Use "custom" widgets.  That is what we use when we want to
>          hook up new widgets that have no Glade support.

This is clearly workable, but lacks nice features like being able
to set the specific widget properties at design time.

>I would like not to encourage people to depend on Gal.

Okay, well it sounds like trying to *fully* integrate GAL into glade/libglade
is more work than it's worth at the moment. I'll try and work on
the dynamic gtk+ arguments stuff that Havoc suggested instead.

If anyone does want me to make my glade patch externally available,
email me. I only integrated e_hpaned, e_vpaned and was half way
through gtk-combo-box, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to have the
fact that a decent amount of work has been started recorded in the
mailing list archives.

Cheers,

--
Lee Mallabone.