Re: SEGV when dlopen()ing Gnome code

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001, Sean Middleditch wrote:

> Perhaps someone could write a cleaner gnome_shutdown (or gtk_shutdown)
> function that calls the shutdown callbacks, and makes sure they are
> unregistered from where-ever g_atexit registers them.

   Unfortunately g_atexit() calls atexit() and I found no way to
nicely unregister callbacks afterwards. But I agree, something like
gtk_shutdown would be really useful, maybe with a gtk_noregister or a
similar function to tell gtk and gdk not to register their callbacks.

   I'll see if I can write an esthetic patch for gtk+.

> This would be useful for a lot of people, especially those who are
> writing apps that can use multiple GUI's, selecting which one at
> run-time (correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't OMS work like this?
> perhaps we could see how they did it).

   OMS has been split into oms and omi, and omi is a separate program
linked against gtk, so no dlopen() is used in this part. I don't think
they were doing it before.

Regards,
Sam.
--
Samuel Hocevar <sam zoy org> <http://sam.zoy.org/>
for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \