Re: GConf problems: help is needed

Applets use libgnorba, which does not interoperate with GConf (more
specifically it doesn't interoperate with OAF). I forgot again what
the explanation for this is, but I know there is one. ;-)
Really really sad. What are plans in this area (GNOME 1.4, GNOME 2)? Are there any workarounds? GConf is so sweet. So are other OAF-based services. Applet-makers would definitely like to use this stuff! I probably would be happy to contribute some patch for this but I'm afraid mainteiners would to it better and faster:)

Thanks for explanations,

Sergey