Re: gnome canvas sluggish with GDK_MOTION_NOTIFY
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Andrej Andrejko <ai heavy-ind com>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: gnome canvas sluggish with GDK_MOTION_NOTIFY
- Date: 05 Feb 2001 18:03:02 -0500
Andrej Andrejko <ai heavy-ind com> writes:
> I am using the gnome canvas heavily to develop a georeferencing application. I have many nested groups on the canvas and I am finding that mouse movement piles up events. The more groups I have the more sluggish the mouse movement becomes. Are there any tricks I can use to speed this up? I anticipate having as many as 100 groups on the canvas at one time.
> I am using gnome-libs 1.2.4.
Read the "scribble" example in the GTK tutorial on www.gtk.org for how
to avoid this. (use POINTER_MOTION_HINT_MASK instead of
] [Thread Prev