Re: canvas rich text widget?

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Nathan Hurst wrote:

> Yeah, that was my thingo from way back
> (http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~njh/phd/text-widget.html).

	That's it!  I was just looking at that code 5 minutes ago. :-)

> Ok, since then I've add multiple fonts, text flow through columns, a
> constraint based layout system (so you specify the relationships between
> elements rather than their location), image loading, partial svp support,
> and bugfixes...

	Oooh.  Fun toys.  Fun things I saw on that page above.  I was
actually just about to email you to ask how you were coming along on it, but
you beat me to it. ;-)

> I'm actually packing up to go away for a week, and life has been a bit
> hecktic since fmII so I won't be able to get a snapshot up until next week
> (but may be able to convince my collegue to do it for me).  The code is
> all GPLd and based upon libart, freetype 2 and gdk_pixbuf(not gnome
> canvas).  I intend to add pango support, and I have some constraint based
> pagination code almost working.

	And on Feb 10th (a week from Sat), I will be packing up to move to
Düsseldorf.  Looks like this isn't going to get very far in the next month.
Alas.

> My aims are slightly different to the text-canvas thing but I intend to
> fold back features when things settle down a bit.  I am also looking into
> using raph's new fitz as a back end.

	Your aims /appear/ to be more like what I'm looking for.  Whether
this is actually the case remains to be seen.  But if I have my application
design right (which I /think/ I do), then I should be able to implement both
as backends without much trouble.

> njh

Tschuß
Bibek