Need help with Image Aquisition code

I'm writing a GTk/Gnome application that will acquire images from a
CCD camera. I'm at the point where I'm ready to acquire the image,
but I don't know where to put the loop to process the acquisition.

I have a window that I open in preparation to displaying the image.
The loop will run, just acquiring images until the user closes the
window the image is displayed in. The act of closing the window
needs to destroy not only the window, but also terminate the loop
grabing images from the camera.

I don't think I want to use the "idle" function to do the acquisition,
but I don't know what else to use.

I'm looking for suggestions to my dilemma.

Thanks in advance

Jerry Mulchin    Amateur Radio Call  -  N7EME
Programmer, Amateur Astronomer, Ham Radio
e-mail (home) - jmulchin astroguy com
e-mail (work) - jmulchin cisco com
Astronomy Web Page  http://www.astroguy.com
"It is never wrong to ask a question, it is always wrong to be ignorant."