RE: what OS are you guys using?
- From: "Clancy, Shane W." <SCLANCY logicon com>
- To: "'John Ericson '" <john john pp se>, "''gnome-devel-list gnome org' '" <gnome-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: RE: what OS are you guys using?
- Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 13:43:44 -0800
I just installed Ximian. Amazingly enough, things are compiling correctly
now... thank you all very much.
From: John Ericson
To: 'gnome-devel-list gnome org'
Sent: 12/21/01 5:16 PM
Subject: Re: what OS are you guys using?
On Dec 20 12:13, Clancy, Shane W. wrote:
> I am constantly running into problems trying to build gnome/gtk apps
> the operating systems I have tried are using incredibly old libraries.
> have tried developing on Mandrake 8.1 and Red Hat 7.2 and neither has
> libraries that could be described as current. Could someone tell me
> operating system I should be using?
Im using Debian sid (unstable) myself and it keeps me on the cutting
of gnome development with great ease. But for you using Red Hat, I found
this link that looks like something that provides more up-to-date
for Red Hat in rpms:
Else you could try Ximian gnome.
* John Ericson john john pp se
* ICQ: 7325429 JID: high jabber org
* web: http://john.pp.se
gnome-devel-list mailing list
gnome-devel-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev