Re: filesel dialogs
- From: Pawel Salek <pawsa theochem kth se>
- To: Michael Adams <madleech gmx net>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org, gnome-2-0-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: filesel dialogs
- Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:09:17 +0100
On 2001.12.13 05:22 Michael Adams wrote:
Has anyone considered the ROX-Filer mehod?
for the unenlightened: To open a file, you just drag the file straight
into the window of the app you want to open it in. That or you double
click on it to launch the associated app.
To save a file, you click on File - Save and a tiny window pops up with
a name and icon. You can edit the name and extension, and then from
there you just drag the icon into the appropriate directory, or an icon
on the desktop or what ever.
There must be an interface for an user that cannot, or does not want to
use a mouse.
see this image for an example of saving a file:
or this one for an example of loading a shell file:
Pawel Salek, Theoretical Chemistry, SCFAB, Stockholm
] [Thread Prev