Re: gnome.h

On Tue, 2001-12-11 at 18:08, Love wrote:

> I am new to GNOME, but I have recently purchased a book about GNOME and
> Gtk+ programming. However, although the Gtk+ examples compile, the GNOME
>
> ones don't. I get an error message saying that 'gnome.h' was not found;
> I looked for it my self and it's true, the file does not exist in my
> Debian Potato Linux, which leads me to believe that the GNOME library is
>
> not installed.
>
> I would apresiate if you can point me to a site where I can get the gtk+
>
> and gnome libraries.
>
> TIA

you've probably forgotten to install the dev files

apt-get libgnome-dev

or if you want the latest stuff add this to your /etc/apt/sources.list
(as the version of gnome that comes with potatoe is pretty old)

deb http://red-carpet.ximian.com/debian stable main

then do a

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get libgnome-dev

alternatively go to http://www.ximian.com and download red carpet

which has a pretty ui for upgrading/installing/removeing files

hope this helps