Re: filesel dialogs

I remember seeing some "alpha" versions of a *really* nice GNOME file
selector dialog someone was working on.

Whoever that person was, are you still working on that?  Will it be part
of GNOME 2, or *another* extension library?

Speaking of which, for the love of the gods, in GNOME 2, trim down the
damn libraries.  gal and eel should be formed into gnome-ui, oaf and
bonobo and all those that are all components of one system should be
merged into one package, etc.  People are often complaining about that
hell they have to go thru to get all the packages together.  Not
everyone is using apt!  (And don't even get me started on Red Carpet,
I've almost never seen that thing work right.)