Re: Self Help (1)

On Thursday, August 09, 2001 16:03:16 -0400, jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> wrote:
+-----
| On 09 Aug 2001 15:48:15 -0400, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
| > On Thursday, August 09, 2001 21:08:15 +0200, Pawel Salek
| > <pawsa theochem kth se> wrote:
| > +-----
| > |
| > | I think you are quite misimformed here: I have worked at departments
| > | that relied entirely on AFS. I use AFS too, although occasionally.
| > +--->8
| >
| > I also suspect Morgan Stanley would be surprised to find that they are
| > "nobody".  (Not to mention the Wall Street Journal....)
|
| i thought "nobody" wouldn't get the sarcasm.
+--->8

Problem is, I know many people --- including a number from CMU --- who honestly believe that AFS is dead.

Although it's hard for me to blame them, actually; IBM has "cold dead fish syndrome" big time, so AFS hasn't been very visible to much of the computing world since IBM took control of it away from ASG and gave it to Transarc.

--
brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   allbery kf8nh apk net
system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        allbery ece cmu edu