Re: GConf and applets

On 26 Mar 2001 15:28:49 +0100, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:

> Hi
>
> AFAIR some time ago Havoc admitted applets were currently incompartible
> with GConf. Are there any updates in this area in GConf 1.0?
> Any concrete plans/comments?

i think this is because the panel and applets are using goad (the gnome
1.0 activation method) and gconf uses oaf (1.4/2.0 way of doing this).

the original plan was to just have oaf for gnome 2, but we did the
gnome 1.4 release which has both frameworks in place.  this will be
fixed for 2.0, but can't be fixed before then.

jacob
--
"...it shoulda been 'Glee Club'." -- David Fincher