Re: Running remote Gnome programs - problems with SSH

> ERDI Gergo wrote:
>
> > Are you sure ORBit is configured to accept IP connections?
> > see if your programs using ORBit open IP sockets beside unix domain
> > sockets.
>
> How does one check this? I have found a whole lot of sockets in the
> directory /tmp/orbit-<login>, so I assume this is not the case.

Look in /etc/orbitrc

The relavent options are, ORBIIOPUSock, ORBIIOPIPv4, ORBIIOPIPv6.

They can be set to 0 or 1 to enable or disable. I believe Helix defaults
to USock=1, IPv4=0 and IIOPv6=0. I don't know what the actual ORBit
defaults are, but I expect they are all enabled.

I guess you want ORBIIOPIPv4=1

Ian