Re: Running remote Gnome programs - problems with SSH

James Henstridge wrote:

> It is the programs that use CORBA that are causing trouble for you.  Do
> you have a firewall or something between the X client and server
> machines?  If so, then this is probably blocking the CORBA connections.  I
> don't know how easy it would be to get an ssh tunnel set up, as a
> number of random ports would be used and you would also need to munge IORs
> for a different IP address.

Nope - no firewalls are involved, both the local and remote machines are
on the same subnet.

I don't fully understand the "random port" issue (please forgive me for
sounding stupid) - if a CORBA client wanted to talk to a CORBA server,
surely there has to be some or other agreed port they would start
talking on?

Has anyone tested remote Gnome applications, either with or without SSH?

Regards,
Graham