Re: GTK emebedded

Hi ALL

  I am an engineer who working on GTK/Embedded project in AniMeta.
For the discussion for GTK/embedded on the list, the better for us
here to give some information about GTK/embedded.

  About GTK/Embedded architecture, we wrote a small server to replace
the X server on Linux. We design and implement the server. It is small
but with almost components for full features for window system.

  We didn't call it X-server because it use neither X protocol, Xlib
API, nor start from X server source code. We also from scratch
program a library to act as GDK library to talk to the server. It
follows the GDK's API and keeps source level compatibility. (need
re-compile the programs to run on this proprietary GDK.) Due to the
misunderstanding of language translation (from Chinese to English),
the old product introduction statement on our web site was not correct.
Thanks to many friends' suggestions, We've already updated it.

  About keeping te compatibility of GTK, we leverage the LGPL GTK
library with modifications for our customers. Most modifications were
for configuration and remove some functions calling Xlib functions. We
also tried to feed back our modifications to GTK community, but not all
modifications are appreciated. That is OK. We will keep to feed back.

  AniMeta's rule for any GPL/LGPL sources is simple. We conform with it.
And for most cases, AniMeta releases these source codes, libraries to
our customers in CD-ROM. And we do not set any special rules to restrict
our customers to make use of these SW. Whether open the source codes on
Web, all up to customers' decisions.

  AniMeta does not publish the source codes on web because AniMeta is a
small company. We do not rent enough bandwidth for serving the web site
access. We also do not have enough resources to do any free on-line
services, queries, etc. And we are afraid that we do not have the
reources to maintain it too. Those are what we are afraid of.

  To report all bug fixed to GTK community, to follow GPL/LGPL license
model, will be AniMeta's principle to operate, of course.

Joe.C
AniMeta Systems, Inc.