Re: Berkeley DB : Solaris : gnome-libs

On 09/13/00 00:55:24 +1100, "David T. Bath" <bathd edipost auspost com au> wrote:
| sparc rpm files into cpio files, then simply unpack.
| While many files look for, copy
| to and the basic tools work.  You will need
| to edit the gnome-config script, replacing -lrt with
| -lposix4.  You can then start recompiling things like
| libgtop and gtop (getting rid of the dependency).

Uh, you're doing something seriously wrong if you need to copy libraries to satisfy dependencies. I've been building the Helix GNOME SRPMs on DU4.0, RH5.2, SuSE6.3/6.4, and Solaris 2.6 and 7 without any such hackery.

brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery kf8nh apk net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]          allbery ece cmu edu
electrical and computer engineering                                    KF8NH
carnegie mellon university      ["better check the oblivious first" -ke6sls]