Re: Several comments on panel, nautilus and evolution

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, [iso-8859-1] Gérard Milmeister wrote:

> OK, so GNOME must include .desktop files for most non-GNOME apps, like XEmacs,
> any Tk and Motif apps or whatever, and also icons for these apps. I know
> that some X apps set their icons themselves (see tasklist)...

Well, it would be possible to get the menu entry to use an icon installed
with the other app, if it was always installed in a known location.  If
the app is not installed, then its menu entry won't be shown, so the panel
doesn't look for the menu icon.  The problem is being able to find the
icon installed with app.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au